× Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Training out in the sticks

4 years 7 months ago #1859 by russell
Yesterday was a bad day, grey and drizzling, and my slow pace seemed hard work. In four miles of road running to and from Alsop, I met five vehicles including a bus, also there were seven hens and a cockerel adding to the congestion. Worse was to follow, leaving the road and struggling up towards the higher ground I was peering through the mist and set my sights on a "snow line" of a few white flecks, probably at about the 1000 ft. contour. When I arrived, puffing and panting, these proved to be scraps of discarded paper tissue left by litter louts.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 7 months ago #1869 by brian
Replied by brian on topic Training out in the sticks
The lanes are nearly as deserted to the north of Matlock. but today, battling into a headwind and driving mist I must have looked unusually bad. A very posh Lexis driven by an immaculately dressed man overtook me, then reversed back to me and asked if he could drive me anywhere!
I explained that I was doing it for fun. He offered me a bottle of water which I declined politely, thanking him kindly for his offer, and he went on his way,probably convinced that I was mad.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

Share this article:

Go To Top