× Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Black Rocks Fell Race Results and Thanks

4 years 4 months ago #2143 by paulkeetley
My first job is to 'big up' the unsung heroes from the club who helped make the race happen and run smoothly. In no particular order please take a bow - Mark Packard (Matlock Rugby Club), Yvonne Keetley, Jo Hoon, Andy Lessiter, Simon Brister, Steve and Sian Mead, Molly Gorman, Tess Whittaker, Jakki Simmons, Karen Morley, Jude Goodall, Simon and William Croft, Jim Thorneycroft, Brian Howitt, Mick Moorhouse, Alan Pickering, Richard Bradbury, Mark Jackson, Tessa Brough, Ozzy Unsworth, Pete Wilmot, Toby the dog, Andy Whittaker and Bill Willis. ( The latter three also helped me set the course and sweep it afterwards). I thank you all.
They coped with a record entry of 188 intrepid athletes tackling this tough course of five and a half miles and 825 feet of up!
MAC's Billy Cartwright continued his winning streak coming in clear of Shelton's Robert Donald and Kieran Davis of Erewash. Stunning runs for MAC juniors Sam Thompson (1st junior and 15th overall) and Charlie Unsworth (2nd junior and 61st overall). Tracey Greenway of Dark Peak came home first lady (43rd overall). Other MACs were Matt Smith 17th, Andy Sheldon 23rd, Andy Mellor 59th and David Clough 99th. Full Results can be found on this website under the results tab.
If you haven't marshalled a club race before give a little back and give it a go next time and enjoy a warm glow of satisfaction on the other side of the race. Thanks again. It's been emotional!
Paul Keetley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds

Share this article:

Go To Top