× Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Me!Me!Me! Footprint of a Runner - Anna Brown

3 months 1 week ago - 3 months 1 week ago #4169 by Jan Forrester
Here is the latest Me!Me!Me! Interview.
www.matlockac.org.uk/…/614-me-me-me-footprint-of-a-r…
Anna added her Covid 19 experience-
So far this has been a mixed bag. As with everyone the initial dramatic changes caused chaos. The child care question was a big one. My daughter is high risk so can’t use the key worker school option and I at the time was working full time. However by March 23rd my husband had wrapped up his work as an electrician and was able to take on the home school mantle. We had a strange role reversal and he was far better at all the house stuff than me!!!
Work at a local doctors' surgery has been very strange. We went from being very busy to quiet because most of our standard work was stopped. Then gradually we all fell victim to the virus including myself. I spent a week locked away in my bedroom. Keeping at least 2 meters from everyone. The kids did well I read a bed time story for them and they stayed at the door. Luckily none of us at work was serious and we are all back now. It goes to show how important social distancing is and home working. It spread very quickly. Slowly work has taken on a new normal. We have enough PPE and we must take it on and off so many times a day to see patients. We do a lot over the phone. We have concerns that people are not calling when they really need us though.
My kids are lucky we live in a very rural area so even shielding someone we can get out. I am aware this is not the case for a lot of people. My parents live 2 hours away so I may not see them for a year but we have video chat and that’s ok. These are strange unprecedented times and we will look back with a mixed view.
Anna

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds

Share this article:

Go To Top