× Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Banana Running

6 years 8 months ago #513 by karlwebster
Banana Running was created by karlwebster
A secretary for almost two decades I have received a number of peculiar requests over the years. Here's one of them.

dear Karl
I am a member of the Matlock Fairtrade Group and we, along with other local Fairtrade Groups, have been meeting with DDDC this past year to see if we can get the council to be more pro-active (there is a desire to become a FT Council in fact) This Fairtrade Fortnight the national theme is Fair Bananas and the district group would like to organise a relay between all the local FT towns (Ashbourne, Wirksworth, Matlock, Darley Dale and Bakewell) although there are some sections which are not safe for running and transport would be used. The District Council is very keen and could organise marshals but each area has been charged with contacting their local running clubs to see if there are enough runners to make it viable. It would happen on either Sat 22 or Sun 23 Feb. People could run as far as they like (eg 1 mile/100 metres!) depending on numbers. The baton would be a giant blow-up banana! Not easy to run with I admit. My telephone number is 584971. Thank you very much for ringing me back. I had a positive and enjoyable chat with someone. Your son perhaps? I will check my emails this week. The District meeting is on 28 Jan when I would like to report back as to the feasibility of the idea from Matlock area's point of view. Thank you for responding again and I look forward to hearing from you. Best wishes, Laura Stevens

Please let me know if you would like to become involved. I have asked Laura to confirm a date asap so watch this space.

Thanks.

Karl.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 8 months ago #518 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Re: Banana Running
Hi Karl, This sounds a good giggle, I am up for it please.

Alan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds

Share this article:

Go To Top