× Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Sunday Morning Runs

6 years 7 months ago #549 by Alan
Sunday Morning Runs was created by Alan
I don't know about you, but Sunday seems to have developed into my day for doing a long run over the last couple of years (unless I am Racing in that weekend). A day for putting all the weeks events into perspective and getting out in the hills around where I live and having what I call a "Time On Feet" run.

My runs vary from 10 to 20 miles and are done really, really slowly (unless the weather decides to chuck it down whilst I'm half way round and then I use it as an excuse to do some quick sprints to get back home a bit quicker). It's a time when I can actually take in some of the beauty of the area where I live and a time when I can see other runners along my route who usually say "Hello" or "Ey Up" as we pass each other. Sometimes the thoughts I have are "I wonder how far they have run" and sometimes when I am feeling tired from my run, it makes me feel as though I need to make myself look as though I know what I'm doing and not look as though I am about to drop! Sometimes when I am overtaken by someone belting along, I wonder if I could beat them in a Race, or I may think I wonder if you would be going that fast if you have just done as far as me! (they probably would but it justifies my plod at that moment)!

Anyway, I digress....

A new feature which has started to develop since the creation of the Matlock Athletic Club Facebook page, is one of the Club Captains Invites to join in on a Sunday Morning Run. Jim, has put two up on the Facebook page since its creation and there is another one up this week, which even has the opportunity for runners (if Interested) to pick up the route at certain sections and then either carry on with the flow if they feel able or can drop out at any stage which would be suitable to the runner. Great for if you want a long run with company or even a shorter run with a social element. I know that this would not suit everybody, but for those who fancy a bit of company on a Sunday Morning Run it may be just what your looking for. Keep an eye out for them as they wont be every week due to Races and other commitments, but if you see one appear, and want to have a long run with like minded Company, feel free to join in. :) The one for this week starts at Black Rocks Car park at 9am. Here is Jims Suggestion for the Run.

Sunday morning run - meet at Black Rock car park for a 14.5 mile run along the HP trail before deviating down the road to Carsington village for a full lap of Carsington reservoir and then returning to Black Rock

gb.mapometer.com/running/route_3785155.html

Plenty of opt in points for anyone wanting a social run but not of that distance - full route from Back Rock at 9.00am, Middleton Top at 9.15ish, Sheepwash car park at 9.25ish.

Hopefully you may be able to join me on my birthday run... Jim

So if your up for it, Jim will see you there or maybe somewhere along the way.

Alan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds

Share this article:

Go To Top