× Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

More thoughts on safety re animals

6 years 6 months ago #568 by russell
I'm not suggesting any further amendments to the policy (Andy has been a hero and a model of patience) but I wonder whether any of you have seen a story in the media about a 5 hour struggle between a python and a crocodile which culminated in the former eating the latter. Makes our UK Rottweilers and bulls seem even more innocuous, and me even more of a wimp for getting indigestion after a meat pie at Wetton Mill..

Additionally and slightly more seriously, I should perhaps explain my possibly disproportionate wariness over pigs ( a species which I have never owned) Back in the 1960's when I could still beat 8 mins for the mile, I knew a fellow student at Sheffield who's brother was bitten by a pig and lost a leg. This catastrophic outcome was probably due more to infection from the animal's teeth rather than the mechanical damage from the bite, but I am sure you would all share my lack of inclination to risk anything of that nature myself

Happy running everyone.

Clive

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 6 months ago #569 by karlwebster
If you think the python was impressive, take a close look at Mick Kuszynski at the club dinner.

6 years 6 months ago #570 by Simon C
I presume you mean Micks python like appetite rather than any other resemblance

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds

Share this article:

Go To Top