× Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Update on Club Issues

6 years 6 months ago #585 by Alan
Update on Club Issues was created by Alan
Update on Things Happening in the Club

As most of you will know, tomorrow is the Club Cross Country Championships, signifying the end of the 2013/2014 Matlock Athletic Club Grand Prix and also the beginning of the New Senior and Junior Club Grand Prix 2014/2015. Its given a dry day so conditions should be good. I wish you all the best for your run and wished I could be there, but unfortunately, I have to work (I'm gutted) :( so have a good one.

OTHER NEWS

Hopefully, within the next couple of weeks, Matlock Athletic Club will have its very own Club Kit Shop, which Don Needham will be the chap in charge ready to take orders for the New Leisure Wear range for Children and Adults including Hoodies, Polo Shirts, Bespoke Running Vests, Wickable T-Shirts Reflective Safety Vests and HiViz Tabards all at excellent prices and supplied from local Firm Quiller Ltd. Samples will be available to look at and a small amount of stock will be available to buy there and then. The Club Shop will be available on a Monday evening, after training (details of frequency will follow once confirmed) and to tie in with this, The Website is very soon to be updated and will have a section where All Club Kit Items can be seen, along with available sizes, prices and a contact point for orders to be made.

Talking of the Website, Most of the Policies which bring us in line with the Association Of Running Club's legislation are now available to view, along with the New Matlock Athletic Club Membership Form. We are still a fair way off from being a Hive of Complete Information, but we are on our way and with great interesting interviews of Athletes belonging to the Club in Jans "Me!Me!Me! - Footprint of a Runner", monthly specials its certainly worth stopping by every now and again to catch up. Don't forget to have a look at the Matlock Athletic Facebook Page www.facebook.com/MatlockAC for further insights, news and pictures. There will also be a link appearing soon on the home page to take you directly there :)

The Coaching side of things are moving apace and the first training courses have been planned with Volunteers getting ready to be Trained up. Thanks to all of you who volunteered for these positions and also to all the Helpers who have offered their time with the increasingly popular Monday evening Training Sessions, without who's help, the Club would be seriously struggling. So once again a HUGE THANK YOU :)

NEXT STEPS

Again with the popularity of the White Peak Half and Full Marathon, the Club is now looking towards setting up a Small Sub Committee to help out with not just the White Peak Events but all of the Club Hosted Races. This will help to alleviate some of the Pressures which have been placed on Certain Individuals having to Co-ordinate and facilitate these Races in the Past. Steps have now been taken to Document Each of the Races we Host in a Template Type Fashion. This means that the Race Director/s can look at the templates and begin preparing for each race on a Timeline Flowchart. However, more help and assistance is required in this area and again if anyone feels as though they could offer a little help in taking on a small role then please feel free to ask for some more information about what this could involve.

Meanwhile, Help is still needed if anyone can spare a few hours on Saturday May the 17th to help out with the White Peak Marathon and Half Marathon. Please talk to Colin who would be happy for some assistance.

That's about it for now, so all that I can say is have a great Race tomorrow at the Club Cross Country and if you are taking place in any other events this Weekend, The very Best Of luck to you and don't forget to send in Any reports and photos to Jan so as we can all see how well MAC Athletes are doing and where they are doing it :ohmy:

Regards
Alan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds

Share this article:

Go To Top