BDL Bakewell Showground

5 years 10 months ago #1038 by Jan Forrester
Message from Jim and Alan for our host BDL race on Sunday 30th November at Bakewell Showground at 11.00a.m:
1) We still need a couple of extra marshals to be comfortable and be able to comply with the race risk assessment.
2) We need volunteers to be there at 8.00am on Sunday morning to assist with marking the course out, please don't leave it all to Alan and Jim
3) All the Marshalling positions will be numbered
4) There is limited free roadside car parking on Combs Road. Jim will be sending a message to the other clubs advising them to use the pay and display car park at the Agriculture Centre.
5) We will hold a marshals’ meeting in the Farmers Feast cafe in the Agricultural Centre at 10.00ish after the course has been marked out
6) The race is on the same Sunday as Bakewell Christmas market, so with Chatsworth House also being open the roads will be busy
7) The race starts in the Lower Bakewell Showground Area. It's a 3 lap race over 4.6 miles and it may look a nice easy course but it’s a toughy with plenty of wet, muddy areas to make it even more fun. Here is the course map: gb.mapometer.com/running/route_3797407.html
8) If you feel a bit peckish afterwards, Alan has negotiated a deal with the Farmers Feast, that anyone wearing a MAC Club vest /hoodie, will have discount on tea, coffee, bacon or sausage cobs, full English breakfast or a three meat carvery with tea or coffee thrown in. So why not make a day of it!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 10 months ago #1055 by Simon C
Replied by Simon C on topic Re: BDL Bakewell Showground
Alan Jim and all involved

I had to dash off without saying thanks to a lot if people thus morning. Well done for an excellently organised race and an interesting course. The three laps and vusibility around the course gave a different feel compared with some other courses we visit and made for a refreshing change. I hope runners from other clubs felt the same.

On top if that a brilliant turn out of Marshall's and racers with some great looking finishes all through the ranks.

Thank you all.

Simon C
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan

5 years 10 months ago #1056 by Peter Wilmot
I would echo Simon's comments and thanks to all those involved in arranging and
running a great event.

Cheers.
Peter

5 years 10 months ago #1057 by Andy Lessiter
I would also like to thank all involved in organising and marshalling MAC's first BDL race. Flawless.

Considering the constraints on where the event could have been held I thought the course was challenging yet achievable.

Not only that but we bagged some great results as a club at the same time B)

5 years 10 months ago #1058 by Colin D
Replied by Colin D on topic Re: BDL Bakewell Showground
Echoing the previous comments - great efforts from all concerned, thanks to all who helped marshal and organise the whole thing.

5 years 10 months ago #1059 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Re: BDL Bakewell Showground
Hi All,

Again, My Thanks to All the Marshalls today who did an incredible job giving MAC a very professional presence and appearance to an absolutely fantastic "Energy Sapping all the Way round" Cross Country Course.

Thanks too, to all those who came along early (Giving up there lye ins) to help set up the course. You help was very much appreciated.

My Thanks also to All who ran the course, putting in an excellent result for Matlock AC and also for not being afraid to take on the "Bakewell Bog Of Doom"! (pictures will be out soon)

My Biggest thanks though, has to go to Jim Thorneycroft who has worked endlessly to get Matlock Athletic Club accepted into the Booth's Decorators League in the first place and for his continuous work to find a Venue suitable for the high quality courses that the Booth's League Clubs, take pride in providing.

Jim has put hours of his own time and energy into this and today, those efforts were rewarded in providing not just an imaginative course from just two fields to play with, but for also proving that Matlock AC is up there with the very best.

Well Done and Congratulations Jim. You and all you organised has done Matlock Athletic Club proud.

What a fantastic Team, Club and family which makes me feel very proud of to belong to.

Alan

Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Share this article:

Go To Top