Christmas Runs

6 years 6 days ago - 6 years 5 days ago #1047 by Jan Forrester
Christmas Runs was created by Jan Forrester
I know it is not even December yet, but it is a very busy time for everyone, so get these dates in the diary:
The Annual Christmas Fancy Dress Run from the ARC at 6.30pm on Thursday 18th December, visiting various pubs before ending up at the Sycamore.
The run/walk/cycle round Carsington Water is on Xmas Eve at 12 noon, meeting at Sheepwash Carpark and is open to members, family and friends.
The Beetroot Run on Boxing Day at 10.30 meet at High Peak Junction car park. This year is also in the Junior GP

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 5 days ago #1049 by Colin D
Replied by Colin D on topic Re: Christmas Runs
Regarding the pub run - is the Plough still open? I know that Enterprise Inns were doing their very best to run it into the ground earlier in the year.

With the Laburnum also mothballed there is a serious danger of having to string together more than 5 minutes of consecutive running...

6 years 5 days ago #1050 by Andy Lessiter
Replied by Andy Lessiter on topic Re: Christmas Runs
Coincidentally, I happen to have been to The Plough tonight. 3 real ales (Taylor Landlord, Chatsworth Gold and Black sheep)

Let me know if you want to know if any other pub is still open and I will find out for you ;)

6 years 5 days ago - 6 years 5 days ago #1051 by Jan Forrester
Replied by Jan Forrester on topic Re: Christmas Runs
It has been suggested that we try a different route, with different pubs, eg to Matlock Bath!!??

6 years 5 days ago #1052 by Colin D
Replied by Colin D on topic Re: Christmas Runs
Good effort with the research there Mr Lessiter!

I will stop fretting about my blood alcohol level now.

6 years 5 days ago #1053 by dennisbelbin
Replied by dennisbelbin on topic Re: Christmas Runs
Andy, with your extensive knowledge of Matlock, and surrounding areas, pubs maybe you could come up with a route that would keep everyone entertained and alleviate Colin's fears!!!!

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Share this article:

Go To Top