10k Winter Handicap Race 2 - Whitworth/Rowsley

5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #1705 by JamesT
Well that was an eventful session - Jan decides to visit the Square and Compass for a quick pint, Sian comes back via Broadwalk fish'n'chip shop, Anthony emerges out of the gloom like a Behemoth rising from the pond at the bottom of the park, Neil gets spotted casing out Milners 4x4 Parts and Colin gets assaulted by a couple of gigantic dogs on the home stretch. At least Craig made all the way round without getting lost this time :P

Many apologies if I didn't make it plain what the route was. It's clear from my stumbling performance in doing the Captains report that the 3 month absence from work has left my ability to deliver information to an audience on the wane, so it's back to home made diagrams in January.

Well the results are now uploaded and Colins scorching run secures the fastest time of the night and ownership of the magic MAC 10k cap until at least January, and it also secures the age performance victory so it's double congratulations. In second place on age performance comes the dominating presence of Peter Wilmot, and hats off to him for retaining the lead in the overall series. But what about third place on the night? Its fantastically pleasing to see Tessa Brough rocket up through the results with a 71.8% age grading to bag a massive 23 points, and she shows how the age performance handicap can work to make it a even playing field for the results rather than having them based on fastest times. Well done Tessa, let's see you edging towards a 75% performance in January.

Many thanks to everyone who ran or assisted with the timekeeping and results, next race is in January on the Arc/Matlock Bath course

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 4 months ago #1706 by Andy Neath
Great evening despite the navigational choices made by some! Thanks Jim
It was also my first competitive flat road 10k so I've got a benchmark to build on.
Looking forward to the next one.
Andy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds

Share this article:

Go To Top