Coronavirus Update - Training paused
Many members will have seen the latest statement from England Athletics: https://www.englandathletics.org/athletics-and-running/news/coronavirus-statement/
As an affiliated organisation, it is important that we act on their advice, which is of course consistent with the latest message from the UK Government.
We will therefore be pausing training for senior and junior members with immediate effect.
Please note that the EA statement includes “Where possible, athletes and runners at all levels are encouraged to maintain their own personal fitness and keep active during this time, while following government guidelines about safe distance and safe exercise environments”.
As a committee we are evaluating what that means for us in practice. If we can support members with practical ways to maintain your motivation and training, within the confines of guidance from the government and UKA, we are keen to explore ways to help you keep active.
We will provide further updates over forthcoming days as further information and guidance is provided.
Be sensible and keep safe.
Here is the MAC Monday and Thursday Evening Training Schedule for March/April 2020
6.00 pm from Arc Leisure
- March 16th - DFS loops
- March 23rd - County Offices
- March 30th - Springfield Rise
- April 6th - Hall Leys Park
- April 13th - No training - Marshals required for Race The Train in the morning!!!
- April 20th DFS
- April 27th Sainsbury's plus Bollards
6.30 pm from Arc Leisure (unless otherwise stated)
- 19th March - Farley/ Cavendish
- 26th March Limestone Way/Bonsall
- 2nd April - Halldale Headtorch Run
- 9th April - DHS/ Tinkersley/ Gated Road
- 16th April - Chatsworth Away Run (from Calton Lees Car Park, Chatsworth)
- 23rd April Cambridge Wood/ Wensley/ Jughole
- 30th April - Ladygrove/ Farley